I generally prefer simple stitching but this flowery stitch looked so neat I had to try it out.
I used Anna's (of noodle-head.com) make-up pouch tutorial, with two small modification - I added zip end covers (a trick I learnt from Florence's tutorial) and an inside pocket/divider.
I didn't have any heavy weight interfacing that could make the pocket less flimsy, but my clever sister gave me a plastic mat (see the big pink flowers below) and it worked perfectly.
It was thin enough to cut easily, stiff enough to serve its purpose and flexible enough to survive the operation of turning the fabric right side out after sewing.
I think a couple more mats like this might be my birthday wish.
And before I leave for a short holiday in my home town in the mountains, I wanted to show you why my lovely new machine makes us laugh:
(look, it even has an eye and a mouth)