2014-10-05

not quite traditional

There were two quilts on my Q3 FAL list (yes, yes, I'm boring like that) and I'm happy to say I finished the second one too.
This one had to be ready mid September as it was to be taken overseas as a wedding gift. The wedding was 9 days ago and I've heard that my cousin and her husband liked the quilt (I do hope they really did), so now I can reveal it.


I'm not sure if this really is a traditional block and if so what it's called (if anyone knows please let me know too). Anyway, I was going for a traditional look with a modern twist. And I wanted to give it the crinkly look, so I quilted it in doodle hearts - each heart with an echo.


 I didn't want the quilt to be too serious, so I went a bit wild with the back:


If you look closely, you'll see three potted sprouts.

3 comments:

  1. Blok, który użyłaś na przodzie przypomina Irish Chain, ale jest jednak troszkę inny. Bardzo udany quilt, szczególnie podoba mi się tył - jest tak fajny, że quilt jest właściwie dwustronny:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it. No wonder they are happy with it! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great quilt - and the back is just as fun as the front!

    ReplyDelete